Thanks again for your order with Let’s Russia!
Here is our guide on how to prepare your documents for your student visa.
Step 1: VISA INVITATION LETTER
The educational institution inviting you to Russia should provide you with an invitation letter for your student visa. This can take 3-4 weeks to process and is usually an electronic invitation. Be sure it indicates the consulate you plan to apply through. Let’s Russia applies in Houston for most Russian visas.
If you already have your student visa invitation letter, move on to step 2.
Step 2: VISA APPLICATION
Complete your visa application online.
See our walk-through video on how to fill out the visa application.
How to Fill Out Russian Visa Application (video)
Step 3: PREPARE DOCUMENTS
Required Documents to Submit. READ!
- Quality color scan of tourist invitation letter.
- Original signed passport (if not signed, your documents will be rejected) AND passport MUST have at least 2 completely FREE visa pages.
- Original completed, printed out and signed visa application (see STEP 2).
- Printed out full page (letter in USA), one-sided, nothing cut off or poorly printed.
- MAKE SURE SIGNATURE ON APPLICATION IS INSIDE BOX AND MATCHES PASSPORT SIGNATURE
- One passport photo taken no more than 6 months ago (lightly glued or taped (double-sided) to each application in the box of visa application)
- Photo can be 3.5 x 4.5cm or regular 2×2 inch passport photo. Applicant’s head MUST fit inside box on front page of visa application.
- Photos with low quality, taken more than 6 months ago, have poor lighting, too big, too small or clearly photoshopped will be REJECTED.
- Quality color scan of applicant’s main page of passport.
Additional Documents Required
- IF traveling with minor children, quality color scan of each child birth certificate is required.
- IF you answered YES to having been arrested or convicted of an offense,
include a signed letter of arrest. Download sample under downloads. Do
not use the same words. The letter must be in your own words.
- IF you are visiting family members in Russia, you will most likely need to apply for a PRIVATE visa. Order that HERE.
- IF you were born in the USSR/Russia, proof of not having Russian citizenship is needed. If you cannot provide proof, include the declaration of absence of Russian citizenship (under downloads).
Step 4: VERIFY DOCUMENTS
Email copies of your documents to [email protected] to make sure all documents are in order BEFORE you physically mail out your documents.
Step 5: MAIL DOCUMENTS
Once your documents are approved by Let’s Russia, use the Fedex shipping label provided by Let’s Russia to physically mail in your documents to Let’s Russia.